About the Collective
For many years, Star Trek fans in Bloomington, Indiana casually discussed, plotted, and joked about creating a monument to its future Starfleet captain, similar to the one for Captain Kirk in Riverside, Iowa. In 2019, unbeknownst to one another, three separate groups began planning to make the fantasy a reality. They eventually met and merged together, becoming the Janeway Collective.
The Janeway Collective is a 501(c)3 non profit corporation.
The Collective itself is made up of three individual bodies, the board, our initial donors and our members. Without them, none of this would have been possible.
Interested in becoming a member of The Collective? You can join here.
Current Board Members
- Jenn Pint, President
- Jennette Caden, Vice-President
- Mary Beth Aich, Treasurer
- Jasmine Schulz, Secretary
- Susan Anderson, At-Large
- Elaine Bonadies, At-Large
- Jenny Kelly, At-Large
- Melissa Kocias, At-Large
- Adam Nahas, At-Large
The next phase of The Janeway Collective begins now, as our membership grows with different peoples from all walks of life to join our shared vision while maintaining the monument we constructed with the help of our donors. Inviting their points of view to help shape and direct our future.
Guided with our by-laws, the board is able to continue the ongoing mission that began in 2019.
The ongoing mission sets forth these main goals:
- To promote STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) education
- To embody the equity and humanitarian values promoted by Star Trek
- To provide for the maintenance of the statue for generations to come